Operations Manager Vacancy at Reading Climbing Centre
The Reading Climbing Centre is one of the UK’s premier climbing walls and is recruiting an Operations Manager to be part of its dynamic team. Role and Responsibilities: The Operations Manager will report to the Centre Management and will assist them in managing the day-to-day running of the centre. This will include Health and Safety, staff management, course management, staff training, NICAS & NIBAS administration, as well as reception and instructional duties. Acting as a Senior Instructor you will look to continually train and develop our staff. We realise that our centre is only as good as our staff, and therefore the Operations Manager will focus on the upkeep of staff morale, maintain our exceptionally high safety standards and lead the team into delivering a range of high quality, fun and memorable climbing sessions. In addition the Operations Manager will be responsible for building, climbing wall, and equipment maintenance, ensuring that all PPE and facility checks are scheduled and carried out in accordance to procedures.
- Professional attitude
- Staff management experience
- Experience in training delivery
- Direct experience working within the climbing industry
- Experience of delivering and administrating NICAS (National Indoor Climbing Award Schemes)
- Strong work ethic with the ability to motivate a team
- Strong customer service skills
- A passionate and enthusiastic individual committed to promoting climbing activities and ‘best practice’
- Extremely high standards in delivering climbing sessions
- Great team player who has the flexibility to assist in all aspects of the Centre
- Single Pitch Award and First Aid (as a minimum)
- Organised with strong administration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IT literate with competence in Microsoft Office
- Reception and retail experience is desirable Working Hours – 40 hour working week including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
This is a great opportunity to work for one of the largest and fastest growing Climbing organisations in the UK.
Salary dependent on experience.
To apply for the role please send your CV with a covering letter to the Centre Manager, Tom Vaessen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Sunday 16th August 2015.