The Reading Climbing Centre is one of the UK’s premier climbing walls and we are excited to recruit an Operations Manager to be part of our dynamic team.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager will report to the Centre Management and will assist them in managing the day-to-day running of the centre, operations, health and safety, staff management, course management, staff training & development, NICAS, reception, instructing duties and administration.
Acting as our Senior Instructor you will look to continually develop course content as well as train and develop our staff as a mentor. We realise that our centre is only as good as our staff, and therefore we need an Operations Manager to keep-up staff morale, maintain our exceptionally high safety standards as well as lead the team into delivering a range of high quality, fun and memorable climbing sessions.
In addition the Operations Manager will be responsible for building, climbing wall, and equipment maintenance, as well as PPE procedures. The successful candidate will work closely with the Centre Management team to ensure that all Health and Safety procedures and policies as well as Operational Procedures are followed. The role will also include Duty Manager responsibilities as well as instructional work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organisational and administration skills
- Attention to detail with a ‘task finisher’ attitude
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and highly energetic with a desire to build a successful business that is customer focused
- Strong work ethic and a team player who has the flexibility to help out in all aspects of the Centre
- Staff management and team leading experience
- Experienced in training delivery
- Direct experience instructing a variety of groups within the climbing industry
- Experience of delivering and administrating NICAS (National Indoor Climbing Award Schemes)
- Strong customer service skills
- Single Pitch Award and First Aid (as a minimum)
- IT literate with competence in Microsoft Office
The role would be based on a 40 hour working week, with a rolling shift pattern to include weekdays, evenings and weekends. It offers both competitive pay and generous benefits, with the opportunity to work for one of the largest and fastest growing Climbing Centre Groups in the UK.
Salary is dependent on experience.
To apply for the role please send your CV with a covering letter to the Centre Manager Tom Vaessen at firstname.lastname@example.org.