29/01/20 - 12/02/20
Off the Rock Coaching & XIAN
Climbing well is not just about strength, power or adding fingerboarding. And it certainly is more than just technique too. It is time to bring together different perspectives for a more comprehensive approach to climbing better.
With a combined 20+ years climbing experience and 15+ years working in coaching, training & rehab:
Ross (aka Off the Rock Coaching) on rehab, strength, movement health and nutrition
Xian on climbing technique, tactics and mindset
Join us for regular workshops at Reading Climbing Centre.
WORKSHOP 1: Functional Shoulders for Climbing (29th Jan)
How is my climbing technique affecting my shoulder health?
How is my shoulder function affecting my climbing movement?
Fed up of your shoulder getting a bit grumpy on big moves,
Noticing an elbow that’s a bit cranky in sessions
Simply wanting to look after yourself a bit more
This workshop is a more comprehensive solution than wrist curls & therabands to better manage your shoulder health.
Learn & put in to practice:
- Key principles for shoulder health both on & off the rock
- Self screens to assess yourself, find out how good your shoulder are & track improvements
- Individualised prehab exercises to improve mobility & stability
- Individualised Climbing feedback & techniques
WORKSHOP 2: Dynamic Moves (12th Feb)
How do I dyno?
How do I know if I can hold that swing without hurting myself?
Good ways to warm up to feel confident before trying shoulder-y moves?
Learn practical tips:
- Warm up exercises to prepare for intense shoulder moves
- Techniques to make dynamic moves easier and more controllable
- Strategies for working out difficult dynamic moves on your own